This class is for any pre-1980 American built and motored Saloon and Coupe/Fastback style cars.
Eligibility list at present comprises the following pre-1980 cars from Scalextric, Carrera, SCX and Pioneer.
Camaro, Mustang, Corvette L88, Gran Torino, Dodge Charger.
Corvette Stingray, Pontiac GTO, Pontiac Firebird, Chevrolet Chevelle, Plymouth Fury, Chevrolet Bel Air, Mustang '67, Ford Torino, Dodge Charger/Daytona, Plymouth Road Runner/Superbird, Plymouth Hemi Cuda, Chevrolet Camaro, Ford T-Bird.
Corvette '64, Greenwood Corvette, Ford Galaxy, Ford Fairlane, Ford Mustang GT, Corvette Gran Sport.
Notchback and Fastback Mustang, Dodge Charger, 67 Camaro, '70 Barracuda, '70 Javelin
Basic preparation will be allowed as follows:
1. Motors may be glued into the chassis.
2. Rear axles may be glued in place to stop breakage of the axle brackets.
3. Reinforcing tape or glue may be used to prevent damage or repair wings.
4. Tyres may be glued to the wheel rims.
5. Tyres may be trued/sanded.
6. Light oil may be used on the tyres (3 in 1 or similar).
7. Weight may be added to the chassis on the inside only and must be secure.
8. Axle spacers may be fitted.
Modifications permitted will be swapping wheels/axles/tyres from any of the eligible cars, providing sizes are visually similar to the original.
Carrera, SCX and Pioneer cars may be fitted with the standard Scalextric motor.
No chassis modifications will be permitted other than the removal of moulding flash to allow body to roll. Otherwise the chassis, body and interior must remain stock.